Monday, May 2, 2016

Lucky

How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard. -A.A. Milne

We left Indiana for Massachusetts today. Yesterday was a most perfect day. The clearest of skies, the softest air, the sweetest of memories. Then last night there was a terrible storm. Thunder, lightening, rain, hail (so much hail), and a tornado warning. I carried both kids from their sleeping beds into the neighbor's bathroom, where we waited for the better part of an hour with them and their kids. And then, almost as suddenly as it began, the storm was over. 

I guess that's how I feel about this move. Some days I feel perfectly at peace about it, and then I will get a storm cloud of emotion and all hail (forgive the pun) will break loose. My emotions will overtake me. I'll want to hide in the bathroom until it passes. And it always passes. 

In leaving my home state, I also leave behind my immediate family, my chosen family, and some of my most treasured friends. This will not be an easy transition. I feel lucky to have been able to be in such near proximity to these people for the time that I have been. I will miss so much about that proximity. I will definitely miss living on the farm which we have called home for the past 9 months. But, that's life, as they say. And with every ending there comes a beginning. I am lucky to have had such beautiful experiences in my old home. I am lucky to have such an adventure awaiting me in my new home. And I am lucky that, most of the time, my skies are clear. 




No comments:

Post a Comment